With every newer version of Windows, the security features are getting better. This holds completely true when we speak about Windows 10. However, undeniably Windows 10 being so popular is also the most targeted OS for hackers. There is a drastic rise in the number of Windows 10 users. This is one of the key reasons why hackers are attracted to Windows 10.
Best Free Antivirus for Windows 10 PCs
The more enhanced security the OS can provide, hackers also look for more sophisticated ways to employ a hacking attack. This can be via multiple types of malware. To have a complete secure web experience, your Windows 10 PC would require a powerful antivirus. Windows 10 comes with Microsoft Defender. However, in case you need more features, then you need to opt for another antivirus.
There are certain antiviruses that work well on Windows 10 PCs. Over here we will check some of the best antiviruses for Windows 10 PCs.
- Norton 360: Norton 360 is one of the top subscriptions enabled antivirus and works well on Windows 10 PC. This offers a 30-day free trial. Post this you can buy a suitable plan which is also available with support for multiple devices.
This includes viruses and other kinds of malware protection. Additionally, you also get a VPN, a safe browsing tool, automatic backups, Identity theft protection, and quick device management tools.
- Bitdefender Plus: Bitdefender is a popularly used antivirus and is a suitable choice for Windows 10 PCs. This is affordable and is feature-packed. Bitdefender does not impact your system performance. The basic license supports up to 3 devices. Bitdefender comes with continuous updates and is a suitable choice to protect against viruses.
Bitdefender Plus not only has an antivirus but also provides other features such as blocks suspicious links, provides constant web monitoring, provides alerts in case the antivirus is not updated. Bitdefender Plus alerts you in case of poor system settings and scans regularly for vulnerabilities.
- Kaspersky Total Security: Kaspersky is easy to use and works well with Windows 10. This has a reliable antivirus tool and provides quality malware protection. Kaspersky Total Security does not require much system resources and runs in the background.
The antivirus does regular auto-scans, auto-updates and contains a separate security suite. Kaspersky has a bare minimum one device license that comes at affordable pricing. Kaspersky monitors your web traffic, provides password management, secures online privacy, and has timely backups.
- Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes has been specifically designed for Windows systems and works well with Windows 10 PCs. This has a 14-day free trial and has a license for 1 device as well as 3 devices. This is a pure malware removal software and does not provide other additional security features.
- McAfee Total Protection: McAfee is a popular subscription-based antivirus. The license can support up to 10 devices. It gives perfect protection against zero-day attacks and other common vulnerabilities. McAfee Total Protection provides password management, antivirus, ransomware removal, and blocks suspicious websites.
McAfee Total Protection is easy to use and lets you manage all your security settings using the console.
- Avast Antivirus: Avast is one of the popular free antivirus available in the market. Avast antivirus can block most of the prominent malware. It can remove malware and restore an infected system. The paid antivirus supports 3 devices and is also available for 10 devices. Avast antivirus can detect unsecured Wi-Fi networks, manage passwords, block phishing emails, block spam, block suspicious websites, and provide a detailed report about system performance.
- Trend Micro Maximum Security: Trend Micro is an emerging antivirus, however, works well with Windows 10 PCs. It is simple to use and has a lot of security features to offer. This comes at affordable pricing.
With antivirus protection, it also has ransomware protection, blocks suspicious websites, provides web traffic filtering, prevents email spams, blocks phishing. Trend Micro Maximum Security also offers password management, parental controls, performance optimization, social media monitoring along with other security features.